MAY 13: Inner Wheel Club Wagga at Riverina Gums, noon Contact Joan 6926 1027.
MAY 27: Wagga Breast Cancer Group, Riverina Gums, noon. Contact Sue 0474 258 749.
JUNE 17: Auxiliary of the Home of Compassion, Riverina Gums, noon. $8 entry. Contact 6922 3278 or 6925 2363.
AUGUST 26: Flowerdale View Club Card Party, Pilgrim Church, 12.30pm. All welcome. $8 admission. RSVP to Robyn 6971 0290 or Ruth 6925 3452.
SEPTEMBER 2: Inner Wheel Club Wagga at Riverina Gums, noon Contact Lesley 6922 4602.
SEPTEMBER 23: Wagga Day VIEW Club, Riverina Gums, noon. Contact Sue 0474 258 749.
OCTOBER 14: Wagga Breast Cancer Group, Riverina Gums, noon. Contact Sue 0474 258 749.
OCTOBER 21: Pilgrim Fellowship card party at Pilgrim Uniting Church, Tanda Place South City from noon. $8. Afternoon tea provided. Contact Deirdre 0439 878 646.
- FASHION PARADE: Fashion parade at the Uranquinty Hall (presented by ladies of Uranquinty) on Sunday, April 28 at 1pm for 1.30pm. $20 entry at the door, concession $10. Contact: Anne Helyar 6922 9670. Proceeds to local charities. All fashions on the day for sale.
- BOOK FAIR: The Rotary Club of Wagga Wagga's BOOK FAIR is on Saturday, May 4 (8am to 5pm) and Sunday, May 5 (9am to 3pm) at Kyeamba Smith Hall, Wagga Showground. The fair will offer around 50,000 good quality second-hand books, both fiction and non-fiction, sorted under many categories plus material for children and youth; collectible items; CD's, DVD's, sheet music, reference etc at realistic prices, EFTPOS available. Entry $2 adults, children free. www.waggarotary.org.
- REUNION: Picton High School 1965 - 1970 Reunion is planned for October 5. The organising committee is still missing over 100 students' contact details, email firstname.lastname@example.org or text 0408 89 1215.
- FLOWERDALE VIEW CLUB: Meets at the RSL on the third Monday of the month. From 10.30am to 11am. New members welcome. Contact Robyn 6971 0290 or Ruth 0419 483 551.
- WAGGA WAGGA BONSAI SOCIETY INC: Meet at the ARCC Hall on Tarcutta Street, third Saturday of the month from 1pm to 5pm. New members welcome, no experience needed. Contact Gail on 6922 4356. Email: email@example.com, facebook: www.facebook.com/WaggaWaggaBonsaiSociety, waggawaggabonsai.blogspot.com.au.
- COMMUNITY VISITORS SCHEME (CVS): Do you have some spare time? One hour a fortnight? If you do we would love to hear from you! We are in need of new volunteers to visit with aging residents in nursing homes and in private residential housing. Volunteers visit once a fortnight for social support and companionship. CVS service Wagga, Tumut, Junee, Cootamundra, Harden, Coolamon, The Rock, Deniliquin, Leeton and Narrandera. Contact Riverina Community College on 1800 000 212.
- RENDEZVOUS: Singles and couples welcome for meals and Wednesday night trivia at the Thomas Blamey Hotel. Contact Judith 0400 421 958.
- AFTER SCHOOL ACTIVITIES: Leisure Time after school activities for kids with a disability provided by The Leisure Company, for school aged children, offering school pick-ups, recreational and social activities. Contact 6921 2330.
- FAMILY AND ADDICTION WORKSHOPS: Calvary Drug and Alcohol Centre are offering free support for people who are caring for people in addiction. Individual appointments can be made on Wednesday and Thursday between 7am and 5pm by phoning CRDAC on 6932 6800. A Support group takes place every week on Thursdays 7pm to 8pm and is held at the Calvary Riverina Drug and Alcohol Centre, 1 Emblen Street, Wagga. All welcome. Contact Mary 6932 6800.
- PROSTATE SUPPORT: Wagga Wagga Prostate Support Group meets on the second Thursday of each month at Lilier Lodge at 7pm. The group provides support and advice to those with prostate cancer with their families. Contact 6926 4210 (ah).
WEDNESDAY, APRIL 24
9am: Wagga Demonstration Garden is open on Shaw Street until noon for a pizza day. Bring some dough and the children and make some delicious food. Contact Kerri on 0429 386 429.
9am: The Gundagai Railway Museum is open seven days a week from 9am to 5pm. Cost is a $2. Visit gundagairailwaymuseum.wordpress.com.
9am: The Rock Men's Shed meet until 3pm. All are welcome. Contact 0427 005 158.
9.15am: The Coffee Drop to 11.15am at the Ashmont Baptist Church, 17 Malta Crescent (beside Ashmont Oval). All free, drop in and join us for morning tea, cake and a great friendly atmosphere. Meet people and be in a safe warming environment.
9.30am: Social tennis at the Kooringal Tennis Club at Henwood Park, Lake Albert Road. Contact Barb 0431 260 006.
9.30am: Anglican Parish Of Wagga Wagga Activity Group for active independent people who need social interaction from 9.30am to 2.30pm in the Parish Meeting Room, Church Street. Cost $7 including morning tea, cooked lunch, afternoon tea, Holy Communion, social, fun. Contact 6937 7522.
10am: The Wagga Wagga and District Family History Society open Monday and Wednesday from 10am to 1pm, Tuesday from 1pm to 4pm. Open Friday by appointment only. Contact Lyn 6925 0319. See more at www.waggafamilyhistory.org.au.
10am: RAAF Wagga Aviation Heritage Centre is open between 10am and 4pm Saturday to Thursday inclusive. Closed Friday, unless by appointment. The centre showcases the history of the RAAF and its significance to the Riverina. Admission is free. Contact Nigel Webster on 0411 840 769.
10.30am: Drop-in Centre opens at Wesley Uniting Church, Johnston Street. Tea or coffee available. All welcome.
10.30am: Wagga Handweavers And Spinners Group meets at the ARCC Hall on Tarcutta Street. Contact 6922 3539.
11am: Wagga Railway Station Museum, open until 2pm. On display historic photos, working equipment and numerous railway artifacts. Clubs and groups by arrangement. Admission $2. New members and volunteers welcome. Contact Rob 0401 763 211.
12.30pm: Old Time New Vogue Dancing at Glenfield Park Scout Hall Dalman Parkway. Dancing 12.30pm to 4pm. New members welcome. $4 entry includes tea/coffee and biscuits. Contact Carolyn on 6931 1912 or Peter on 6971 8489.
2pm: Wagga Riverina Lapidary Club Inc at 7 Small Street, Wagga invites you to drop into the clubroom during a session and see what they do and how they do it until 9pm. Activities include wire-wrapping, silversmithing, faceting, cutting, and polishing gemstones and rocks. Contact Cheryl Lynch 6933 1112.
5pm: Joey scouts 1st Wagga, Glenfield (boys and girls aged 5-8). Contact 0414 527 436.
5pm: Wagga Community Kitchen at the Baptist Church, 154-156 Tarcutta Street. Need a meal or company? Come at 5pm for a cuppa, dinner served at 5.30pm, every Wednesday during school term. Contact 6931 7322 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
5.30pm: Wagga Sailing Club is hosting RC model yacht racing at Lake Albert, Wednesdays 5.30pm to 7pm, and Sundays 2.30pm to 4.30pm. All classes of model yacht welcome. Most members race the entry level one-design RG65, the Dragon Force DF65. Contact Geoff 0481 103 351 or email email@example.com.
6pm: Turvey Park Girl Guides, girls 10 to 13 years to 8pm, 32 Sunshine Avenue, Turvey Park. Contact Claire 0438 428 827.
6pm: Turvey Park Girl Guides, senior guides, girls 14 to 18 years to 8pm, 32 Sunshine Avenue, Turvey Park. Contact Claire 0438 428 827.
6pm: Wagga League Slimmers at the Commercial Club every Wednesday. 6pm weigh-in for 7pm meeting. Contact Sue on 6931 1803.
5.30pm: Wagga Wagga Al-Anon Family Group, for family and friends of Alcoholics, St Paul Anglican Church Hall, corner Mitchelmore Street and Fernleigh Road (hall around the back). Contact 1300 ALANON (1300 252 666) www.al-anon.org.au. (Every Wednesday)
6.30pm Cub Scouts to 8pm at Glenfield. Phone: 0414 527 436.
7.30pm: Alcoholics Anonymous, Anglican Church cottage, corner Mitchelmore Street and Fernleigh Road, (hall around the back). Contact 0427 263 476 or www.aa.org.au.
7.30pm: Wagga Evening Branch CWA at the ARCC Centre on Tarcutta Street at 7.30pm. New members welcome. Contact Julie on 69312002.
THURSDAY, APRIL 25
Please check details due to Anzac Day.
1pm: Riverina Producers Market, Hammond Pavilion, Wagga Showground until 6pm.
1.30pm: GROW meets at Sunflower House, 4 The Esplanade, Wagga. GROW is a 12-step group offering friendship, support and help in the area of mental health. Contact 1800 558 268 or visit www.grow.org.au.
6pm: Venturers (scouting for boys and girls aged 15-17) adventurous activities held every second week in Glenfield to 8pm. Contact 0418 601 096.
7pm: Family and addiction workshops. Calvary Drug and Alcohol Centre are offering free support for people who are caring for people in addiction. Support group is run every on Thursdays 7pm to 8pm. The support group will be held at Calvary Riverina Drug and Alcohol Centre, 1 Emblem St, Wagga. All welcome. Contact Mary 6932 6800.
7.30pm: Narcotics anonymous:At the rear of St Paul's Anglican Church, corner of Mitchelmore Street and Fernleigh Road, Wagga.
7.30pm: Alcoholics Anonymous at Salvation Army Hall, Edward Street. Contact 1300 22 22 22.
- DO YOU have a community event or group to promote? Email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org to feature in the Community Diary. This is a free service. Please check times and details with individual groups.