- MARCH 11, 2019: Help Cambodia at Riverina Gums, noon to 4.30pm. Entry $8, afternoon tea, trading table, lucky door. Contact Pat 6971 0029 or Sue 6921 3385.
- MARCH 18: Wagga Evening CWA, Pilgram Church, Tanda Place, Glenfield, noon. $8 entry trading table lucky door raffle. Contact Julie 6931 2002.
- APRIL 15: Wagga Day VIEW Club, Riverina Gums, noon. Contact Sue 0474 258 749.
- MAY 27: Wagga Breast Cancer Group, Riverina Gums, noon. Contact Sue 0474 258 749.
- SEPTEMBER 23: Wagga Day VIEW Club, Riverina Gums, noon. Contact Sue 0474 258 749.
- OCTOBER 14: Wagga Breast Cancer Group, Riverina Gums, noon. Contact Sue 0474 258 749.
- SUICIDE PREVENTION: Wednesday, March 6 from 4pm to 6pm: Wagga Wagga & Region Suicide Prevention Network Community Forum at LikeMind, 46-52 Baylis Street, for anyone interested in finding out more about the Network and how you can get involved and continue the work of preventing suicides and raising awareness in our community. RSVP firstname.lastname@example.org Nola on 0458 224 430.
- QUIZ NIGHT: SWAC quiz night on March 23 at St Paul’s church, Turvey Park at 6.30pm. Tables of eight, $15 pp. Book at email@example.com.
- TUMUT EASTER MARKETS: The 28th annual two-day Tumut Easter Markets return April 19 and 20 at the Boys Club Hall, 76 Fitzroy Street, from 9am to 4pm. Entry is free, with 60 stalls at the non-profit event. Proceeds to the Tumut Pony Club. Contact 4232 2337 or 0419 427 801.
- FLOWERDALE VIEW CLUB: Meets at the RSL on the third Monday of the month. From 10.30am to 11am. New members welcome. Contact Robyn 6971 0290 or Ruth 0419 483 551.
- WAGGA WAGGA BONSAI SOCIETY INC: Meet at the ARCC Hall on Tarcutta Street, third Saturday of the month from 1pm to 5pm. New members welcome, no experience needed. Contact Gail on 6922 4356. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, facebook: www.facebook.com/WaggaWaggaBonsaiSociety, waggawaggabonsai.blogspot.com.au.
- BOOK FAIR: The Rotary Club of Wagga Wagga Book Fair is on May 4 and 5 and the club in now welcoming donations of books, sheet music, CDs, & DVDs. in good condition. (No encyclopaedias, video/sound tapes, magazines or material in poor condition.) Material can be left at Elders, Kincaid Street. (If collection needed phone 6926 1027 or 6922 3739 or www.waggarotary.org.)
- COMMUNITY VISITORS SCHEME (CVS): Do you have some spare time? One hour a fortnight? If you do we would love to hear from you! We are in need of new volunteers to visit with aging residents in nursing homes and in private residential housing. Volunteers visit once a fortnight for social support and companionship. CVS service Wagga, Tumut, Junee, Cootamundra, Harden, Coolamon, The Rock, Deniliquin, Leeton and Narrandera. Contact Riverina Community College on 1800 000 212.
- RENDEZVOUS: Singles and couples welcome to Rendezvous for weekly meals and Wednesday night trivia at the Thomas Blamey Hotel. Contact Judith 0400 421 958.
- AFTER SCHOOL ACTIVITIES: Leisure Time after school activities for kids with a disability provided by The Leisure Company, for school aged children, offering school pick-ups, recreational and social activities. Contact 6921 2330.
WEDNESDAY, MARCH 6
9am: WAGGA DEMONSTRATION GARDEN open on Shaw Street until noon for a pizza day. Bring some dough and the children and make some delicious food. A good chance to meet other parents and community groups. Contact Kerri 0429 386 429.
9am: The GUNDAGAI RAILWAY MUSEUM is open seven days a week from 9am to 5pm. Cost is a $2 donation which goes towards helping preserve the site. Visit gundagairailwaymuseum.wordpress.com.
9am: THE ROCK MEN’S SHED meet from 9am until 3pm. All welcome. Contact 0427 005 158.
9.15am: THE COFFEE DROP from 9.15am to 11.15am at the Ashmont Baptist Church, 17 Malta Crescent (beside Ashmont Oval). All free, drop in and join us for morning tea, cake and a great friendly atmosphere. Meet people and be in a safe warming environment.
9.30am: Social tennis at the KOORINGAL TENNIS CLUB at Henwood Park, Lake Albert Road. Contact Barb 0431 260 006.
9.30am: ANGLICAN PARISH OF WAGGA WAGGA ACTIVITY GROUP for active independent people who need social interaction from 9.30am to 2.30pm in the Parish Meeting Room, Church Street. Cost $7 including morning tea, cooked lunch, afternoon tea, Holy Communion, social, fun. Contact 6937 7522.
10am: The Wagga Wagga and District Family History Society open Monday and Wednesday from 10am to 1pm, Tuesday from 1pm to 4pm. Open Friday by appointment only. Contact Lyn 6925 0319. See more at www.waggafamilyhistory.org.au.
10am: PLAYTIME @ INSPIRE for newborn to five year olds at Inspire Church, 555 Kooringal Road until 11.30am. All welcome for craft, storytime, games and morning tea. Cost is a gold coin donation.
10am: THE SALVATION ARMY WOMEN’S LEAGUE is a women’s fellowship group with a Christian focus. They meet weekly and enjoy a range of activities. Contact Joan on 6922 1234 or the Salvation Army Office on 6921 7895.
10am: RAAF Wagga Aviation Heritage Centre is open between 10am and 4pm every Saturday, Sunday and Wednesday. The centre showcases the history of the RAAF and its significance to the Riverina. Admission is free. Contact Nigel Webster 0411 840 769.
10am: Come to STORYTIME at the library and discover the wonderful world of literature with stories, rhymes, songs and craft for preschoolers. Sessions held weekly for 0 to five year olds (excluding school holidays).
10am: THE WAGGA AND DISTRICT OSTOMATES SUPPORT GROUP meet on the first Wednesday of the month from 10am to 11am at the Men’s Shed, 11 Ashmont Avenue. Contact David on 6971 3346, 0428 116 084 or Baz on 6922 4132.
10.30am: YATHELLA COURSING BRANCH OF CWA meet on the first Wednesday of the month. Visitors and new members are most welcome. For venue details and enquiries phone Nola on 6922 6626.
10.30am: DROP-IN CENTRE opens at Wesley Uniting Church, Johnston Street. Tea or coffee available. All welcome.
10.30am: WAGGA HANDWEAVERS AND SPINNERS GROUP meets at the ARCC Hall on Tarcutta Street. Contact 6922 3539.
11am: Wagga Railway Station Museum, open until 2pm. On display historic photos, working equipment and numerous railway artifacts. Clubs and groups by arrangement. Admission $2. New members and volunteers welcome. Contact Rob 0401 763 211.
11am: Come to STORYTIME at the library and discover the wonderful world of literature with stories, rhymes, songs and craft for preschoolers. Sessions held weekly for 0 to five year olds (excluding school holidays).
12.30pm: OLD TIME NEW VOGUE DANCING at Glenfield Park Scout Hall Dalman Parkway. Dancing 12.30pm to 4pm. New members welcome. $4 entry includes tea/coffee and biscuits. Contact Carolyn on 6931 1912 or Peter on 6971 8489.
2pm: WAGGA RIVERINA LAPIDARY CLUB INC at 7 Small Street invites you to drop into the clubroom during a session and see what they do and how they do it until 9pm. Activities include wire-wrapping, silversmithing, faceting, cutting, and polishing gemstones and rocks. Contact Cheryl Lynch on 6933 1112.
4pm: Wagga Wagga & Region Suicide Prevention Network Community Forum at LikeMind, 46-52 Baylis Street, for anyone interested in finding out more about the Network and how you can get involved and continue the work of preventing suicides and raising awareness in our community. RSVP email@example.com Nola on 0458 224 430.
5pm: Wagga Community Kitchen at the Baptist Church, 154-156 Tarcutta Street. Need a meal or company? Come at 5pm for a cuppa, dinner served at 5.30pm, every Wednesday during school term. Contact 6931 7322 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
5.30pm: THE WAGGA SAILING CLUB is hosting RC model yacht racing at Lake Albert. Sailing will take place Wednesdays 5.30pm to 7pm, and Sundays 2.30pm to 4.30pm. All classes of model yacht welcome. Most members race the entry level one-design RG65, the Dragon Force DF65, available complete on the water for under $200. Contact Geoff 0481 103 351 or email@example.com.
5.30pm: Wagga Wagga Al-Anon Family Group, for family and friends of Alcoholics, St Paul Anglican Church Hall, corner Mitchelmore Street and Fernleigh Road (hall around the back). Contact 1300 ALANON (1300 252 666) www.al-anon.org.au.
6pm: Turvey Park Girl Guides, girls 10 to 13 years, every Wednesday, 6pm to 8pm, 32 Sunshine Avenue, Turvey Park. Contact Claire 0438 428 827.
6pm: Turvey Park Girl Guides, senior guides, girls 14 to 18 years, every Wednesday, 6pm to 8pm, 32 Sunshine Avenue, Turvey Park. Contact Claire 0438 428 827.
6pm: Wagga League Slimmers at the Commercial Club every Wednesday. 6pm weigh-in for 7pm meeting. Contact Sue on 6931 1803.
6.30pm CUB SCOUTS each Wednesday from 6.30pm to 8pm at Glenfield. Phone: 0414 527 436.
7.30pm: ALCOHOLICS ANONYMOUS, Anglican Church cottage, corner Mitchelmore Street and Fernleigh Road, (hall around the back). Contact 0427 263 476 or www.aa.org.au.