THE Civic Theatre’s sold out season of Wicked: The Untold Story of the Witches of Oz continues this weekend.
And if you get to see the show you’ll see an incredibly high level of skill and ability on stage.
However you may not realise how much deep thinking is taking place in the audience.
Laura Hogan is one of the lovely dancers in the cast of Wicked, she received a full list of well thought out questions from her work colleague’s daughter.
Neve, who is eight years old, saw the show on opening night and is looking for the answers to these questions.
- Did you want to make any changes in the dances? But couldn’t.
- Did you want any other roles other than dancer?
- Was there a practice or practices that you didn’t want to go to because you were tired?
- How long did it take to get good at dancing?
- How many bottles of water did you drink at practice?
- Did you have to miss out on things to go to practice?
- Did you have fun at practice and on stage?
- Did you want to wear anyone else’s outfits?
- Were you nervous to get on stage and dance?
- What was on the green witches’ face?
And two questions over the page:
- Did you ever have makeup mistakes?
- Did any of the other actors make mistakes in their lines?
Laura posted a photo of the page of questions on the cast and crew Facebook page and the reactions were delightful.
Early theatrical memories are like gold.
We often hear anecdotes and memories of when our patrons first visited the Theatre or the first time a performance struck a chord.
The stage really is a place where magic happens.
I encourage you to come often and to start conversations that question what you’ve experienced.
WE ARE in the final stages of creating the 2018 Season booklet. When everything has been checked and double checked it will head to the printer next week.
Once again we are incredibly excited with the line-up on offer, and hope to whip you into a state of frenzied anticipation.
All 2017 subscribers will receive an invitation to the initial reveal of what’s on offer in 2018.
That invitation will land in your inbox or letterbox but pencil the evening of Thursday, November 30 onto your calendar now.
The selection is top secret until then, all I can tell you is that an exciting mix of different styles and genres will be on offer.
The Civic Theatre team have all played the game of which shows will be in your selection, none of us had any trouble choosing more than the minimum of four shows.
Some of the benefits of subscribing are early access to season shows, discounted tickets and the option to pay-as-you-go with deferred payments.
The subscription sale period begins on Friday, December 1, let us know if you’re keen to receive a booklet in the mail.
The information will also be available online and in digital format.